Bug report: minimalconfig.py
In minimalconfig.py, line 89, the signature for get_posix_dir():
Observe it requires one argument.
Later on, uses of this function, at line 183:
if platform == 'cygwin': base_dir = get_posix_dir()
And line 204:
else: base_dir = get_posix_dir(major_version)
The first instance will clearly error out. I am having this problem when trying to run from cygwin - minimalconfig.py is loaded through wingdbstub.py. I have been following the instructions:
And it simply doesn't work. After a lot of digging through wingdbstub.py I was able to find this error:
- call to NP_CreateMetaImporter() at line 282 of wingdbstub.py exceptions, because it is given user_settings as None
- NP_SetupWingHomeModule(), called at line 281, returned user_settings as None
- Within NP_SetupWingHomeModule(), call to _NPLoadModuleFromBootstrap('minimalconfig'...) failed
- Within _NPLoadModuleFromBootstrap(), call to _NP_LoadModuleFromDir() fails
- Within _NP_LoadModuleFromDir() the call to imp.load_module() fails as the load involves calling get_posix_dir(). If I try to replicate this and catch a generic error, I can get the message "get_posix_dir()" takes exactly1 argument (0 given)"